Downloading a file can not only be done through a computer, but also through a phone, including an iPhone. Some Apple users may still not know how to view downloaded files on their iPhone.
By using the browser on your phone, you can download the desired file. If you download a file on an iPhone, finding its storage location can be confusing. Of course, iOS devices have differences from more familiar and easy-to-use Android devices.
However, you don’t need to worry because the storage location of downloaded files on an iPhone is also clear and easy to find.
How to See Download Results on iPhone
There is a special folder that is used by iOS to store downloaded files. In general, if what you download is in the form of an image, the download will be stored in the Photos application.
Files in the form of documents will be stored in the files application and downloaded music will be stored in the Music application. So the storage location depends on the type of file being downloaded.
Looking for File Download Results
Here’s how to view downloads on iPhone in the form of files or documents:
Open the files application on your iPhone device. The Files app has a white and blue folder icon. Sometimes it is located in the productivity & finance segment in the app library.
Tap on the browse option located at the bottom right. If at the top of the screen it says browse then you can skip this step.
There are several options that appear under the locations header at the top of the screen, namely the On My iPhone and iCloud Drive options. To see the file that is the result of the download depends on how you used when downloading the file.
If when you download the file and put it on On My iPhone then select that option to view it. On My iPhone itself is the main folder owned by iOS devices. So most likely the files you download will be stored in that folder.
However, if during the download process you select a storage location in iCloud Drive then tap that option.
Next, tap on the downloads folder section. The downloads folder is blue with a down arrow icon in the middle. This folder is generally used to store all files that have been downloaded, such as documents, audio files, pdfs, even photos that are not saved in the Photos application.
You can find almost all types of files downloaded via an iPhone device in the files application. However, it may not be in the Files application and it depends on how you downloaded the file.
When downloading, the save to files option will appear and you will be asked to choose a storage location. The storage area in question consists of On My iPhone, iCloud Drive, and other common iCloud.
If you use this method when downloading files, it is certain that the downloads will be stored in the Files application. Apart from application files, you can also search for downloaded results in the Photos application, provided that the files downloaded are in the form of photos.
This again depends on how you downloaded the file. When saving photos either from websites or messages, you will be presented with the Add to photos option. If you choose this option, it is certain that the photos you download will be stored in the Photos application.
In contrast, if you select the Save to files option, the downloaded photos will be stored in the Files application.
Looking for Music Download Results
- How to view downloads on the second iPhone aims to find files in the form of music. Actually downloaded music files can also be stored in the Files application.
- However, it will be easier and more fun if it can be found in the Music app directly. Here are the steps to find downloaded music files:
- Enter the music application located on your iPhone device. The music app has an icon in the shape of a musical note in a combination of pink, blue and white. The location of this app is on the home screen or in the app library.
- Tap the library option. It’s at the bottom of your iPhone’s screen. The library options icon is shaped like 3 overlapping squares with a musical note in the middle and is dominated by a pink color.
- From the several options that appear, select the downloaded music option. On the library page itself, several options will be displayed, namely albums, songs, downloaded music, and compilations.
- You will find several music categories such as all music, artist, and genre. Please tap a category to see the music that you have previously downloaded. For example, you want to see downloaded music sorted by singer’s name, then tap the artists option.
Looking for Application Download Results
Applications that have been downloaded will usually appear on the homepage of your iPhone device. However, if not found you can search in the following ways:
- Scroll the home screen on your iPhone device to the left until you meet the app library. You may have to swipe a few times to find the app library because it depends on how many home slides you have. If you have found a search field with the words app library at the top of the screen and there are various classified folders, then it means you are already in the app library.
- Tap on the app library search field to search for the app you just downloaded. Then a list of all applications that are on your iPhone will be displayed.
- Type in the name of the application you want to search for in the column. Then you will automatically find the application you are looking for.
Maybe you’ve experienced unable to find files that have been downloaded in the downloads folder. This may be caused by the storage space settings on your iPhone device. In general, iOS devices use the download folder as the storage location for all downloaded files.
However, it is not uncommon for some users to deliberately change the settings for where to save downloaded files. Especially if you buy a used iPhone and you don’t know that the settings have been changed.
If you encounter this problem, you don’t need to worry, because there are still alternatives to easily find the downloaded file or files. The way to fix this is to change the settings for the download storage location again.
Enter the settings application, then select the Safari application and tap the download menu which is under the general option. In this option you will find a storage place for the downloaded file.
How to view saved downloads on an iPhone depends on how you use it when downloading files. Therefore, the storage location for downloaded files may also vary. However, overall the download files on the iPhone are still easy to find.